Saturday, April 28, 2012

~ Pure ~

There's no way to describe how purely awesome having this tiny life inside of me is, but if I were to try, it's...

Pure awe when I feel your tiny feet and little hands kicking and punching, and I wonder if you'll be awake this much when you get here.

Pure expectation when I poke you, and you kick exactly where I pushed.

Pure anticipation when I see the baby swing in the corner of my living room and I imagine what you'll look like all curled up in it.

Pure love when I look forward and imagine what I'll feel when I hold you for the first time.

Pure emotion every time I think about watching Daddy hold you for the first time.

Pure joy when I think about watching Daddy teach you how to throw a ball in the backyard.

Pure wonder when I ask how I could be so blessed whilst puking for the fourth time that day.

Pure reverence when I think of the miracle it took to get you inside of me and of the God who put you there.

Pure thankfulness when I remember that I have been blessed with you when I don't deserve any child, especially you.

Pure delight when I see you squirming on the ultrasound screen and wonder what you're thinking.

Pure gratefulness (and to be honest, pure terror) when I think of the responsibility we have been given to raise you for Him, and not for us.


Pure happiness when I feel you punching to the beat of the tune I'm humming, and know you already have rhythm from within the womb!

Pure awesome, ALL the time.


Oh, how I love this little baby.








No comments:

Post a Comment