Sunday, October 23, 2011

Upcoming: A How-To Post (Or a series... Depending On My Mood)

I'm still in the process of deciding whether to make this a series of posts or just one, so we shall see what it turns into.

I feel a huge need to get some info out there to the world about how to interact with someone experiencing infertility. A couple is often more sensitive to certain topics when going through infertility, and friendships can be broken if one is not aware how to handle themselves.

The last thing I want to advocate is to encourage wrong behavior by catering to it. This is not what I'm suggesting, nor am I suggesting that you walk on eggshells around someone who didn't get pregnant within the first three months of trying. I DO want to advocate sensitivity and an open heart. I DO want to save friendships that would otherwise most likely have been lost because of a simple misunderstanding. It is truly tragic that women who have never gone through infertility see it as their duty to inform women who are in the midst of it how to deal with the situation, not because they can't have good, solid, Biblical advice, but because often they say something with only good intentions that really hurts their friend. And most of the time, they're oblivious to it.

So, with that in mind, I just wanted to give a little introduction into what I'll be working on the next few days. If you know anyone who has a fertility problem, I highly encourage you to read the next (or, next few) post(s). And not just because I want readers, either... ;-P

Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment