Monday, August 16, 2010

We Love To See You Smile

What does one title a first post on a blog anyway? Well, we DO love to see you smile, and I just had a random craving for McDonald's, thus triggering the flashback to old Mackey D's commercials. I digress.

Well! Me and Dan are officially settled in Florida. Dan had his first day of work today, and I watched a friend's baby for a good chunk of the morning. Things are nice here, besides the humidity that immediately whisks all traces of cosmetic off your face the moment you step outside. So much for looking our best!
The apartment is wonderful. Its big, 1200 square feet, and has two bedrooms (come visit!). I'll post pictures when there are officially no more boxes. I did take before and after pictures, so you get to see the transformation!
The new apartment is quite a bit of a downgrade from what we had in GA, so we are having to use every little nook and cranny to fit all our stuff. My kitchen is absolutely crammed, but I'm realizing the greatness of having a small kitchen: less walking and reaching, more grilling and flipping of delicious 93% lean beef patties that were $2 from the base commissary. Yes, I'm serious.
Yesterday, we joined a church! It's a rather large church, I'm guessing probably around 1200 people attend Sunday Mornings, but I don't have the feel that I'm being swallowed (Jonah, for instance) by the crowd. We weren't expecting to join at all Sunday night, but the preacher was pretty awesome. I admire him for some of the stuff he said. Lets just say I'm surprised there weren't bright red tomatoes all over his suit after he was done. Anyway, that was the youth pastor preaching....we like the Senior pastor a lot too though. ;)
I think Dan's favorite part so far is probably the pool we have at the complex. It's a very well maintained pool, so it doesn't feel like you're swimming in bleach, but its not slimy either. There's also a running trail he just discovered today, I think he's looking forward to trying that out. We also have a work out room, tennis courts, and a fishing lake all in the complex. I have to say...there's SO much more to do here than there was in Georgia. AKA; "What? There's an actual park here? Like, that we could eat at?" Yeah! There is! Right in the apartment complex! ...moving on.
Meanwhile, our house in GA is still sitting there, wondering who it can be a home to. Anyone? ANYONE? (see; Ferris Beuller's Day Off)
I am looking for a job, as a result of aforementioned house lying in wait. I am heavily leaning toward either Emergency Department Tech (EMT that works in the ER), or watching a baby in my house. Hopefully I can get some hours that will allow me to continue to have the amount of time to spend with Dan as I do now.
Well, that was a lot to fill everyone in on. BUT, alas, it is time for BBQ chicken to be cooked...and there will probably be pictures of that later as well.

Roger that.
Ashlee and Dan,
Aka, the Dashlee's

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you're all settled in and life is moving along nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! This is easier than texting. Heehee.

    Love the background. Could you make the font a little bigger for the old folks? ;)

    Love you!

    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kate!
    Haha Mom, yes, yes it is. I'm sure I will be posting frequently. I adjusted the font, hope its a little better.

    ReplyDelete