Monday, September 20, 2010

The future colors of the Dashlee home

Well, obviously I can't paint an apartment. Well...I can, it would just be useless.

ANYWAY...I'm inspired. When we get a house down here when our house sells, these are the colors you will see when you come visit us. Notice the when, and that it is not an 'if.' :)

The camera distorts the colors a little bit, but you'll get the general idea.



This is the living room. The walls will be grayish blue, and the accents will be cream, crimson, and black.


This will be the master bedroom colors. The camera really did not pic up the green color well, it's a much softer jade color. That jade color will be on the walls (maybe not all of them, I haven't decided whether to do an accent wall or not). The accent colors will be crimson (like our bed cover), black, and cream.

These are the Master bathroom colors. Probably my favorite color panel besides the living room, and I can see myself changing this to the master bedroom on 'accident.' The walls will be the cream color, and the accents will be chocolate and both these blues. The theme is 'modern circles.'

This will be the guest bathroom....BAD camera. I tried to tweak it on photoshop but alas, it was useless. The walls will be the coffee color, which is alot more tan and alot less yellow than the picture. The accents will be chocolate and a very warm teal color. NOT green. :)

And, again, one of my favorites...the walls will be the same color as the guest bathroom, the coffee color. And the accents will be cream and chocolate, and a tiny little bit of burnt orange. Just a TINY bit.


The kitchen and the dining room I couldn't show you because one of the colors is metallic. Spicy, I know, but I think it'll look good. I'm going to paint a burnt red on the walls, and then sponge a metallic copper over it. Gives it a very textured look and goes perfectly with the theme I picked for pictures; black and white cities. Our dishes are black and white, so I need pictures to match them. ;) Plus....anyone can take good black and white pictures.

If anyone has experience decorating in a modern style...throw it at me. I love the way it looks, I just don't have ANY experience with it. I grew up country...very different than modern, so it's making it quite a challenge for me to come up with accessories that match the color scheme.

Now for a nice cup of hot green tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment