Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Third Time's A Charm

Nope, we're not pregnant. Just in case you thought the title was referring to pregnancy. In which case even that wouldn't make sense, because this is the 10th time. Anyways....

Well! I had my doctor's appointment for the ultrasound after the higher Clomid dose today. There's awesome news, and some news that I extrapolated from my own knowledge that the doctor said nothing about. ;)

First, the news I extrapolated. It is not uncommon to have one 'good' ovary, and one 'bad' ovary. Bad being harder to stimulate than than the other. My left ovary seems to be quite stubborn. It takes grandiose amounts of estrogen to create a follicle worthy of triggering. That just means that I think I'm going to have to be on a higher dose of Clomid on the month I'm supposed to ovulate from that ovary, which by the way, happens to be this month. :) This is all okay though, because at least it's capable of ovulating. I am blessed.

The good news!!!

Doc came in and asked me if I had anything growing in there. I told him I thought I did on my left side. The nurse laughed at me and said maybe they don't even need to do the ultrasound! I said no, no, please do... haha. And sure enough....

I have three, yes, THREE (3) follicles! One is 12 mm, one is 12.5 mm, and the one on my left ovary will probably develop more and be triggered as well, but didn't mention the size. The standard size for triggering is 18-26 cm, so they have to grow a bit more, but he thinks they will. I go back on Friday for another ultrasound, and quite possibly a trigger shot :)

Praise the Lord I have only felt bad when I'm actively taking the Clomid, which is only for five days (Dan would probably prefer me not to use the word 'only'...). I don't know what I would do without my husband being the exact way he is. He knows how to react when  I scream at him to stop chewing, when I want to cuddle one second and then I want to murder anyone that touches me the next because of a hot flash. Bless his heart, he just deserves so many jewels in his crown.

I just love the comfort God gives. After each appointment He's given me a very clear upside, even when most people would only be able to see the downside. Last appointment, nothing was working, but God made it very clear to my heart that it was okay to take the next dose. And here we are with triple the chance of getting pregnant this cycle and double the chance for multiples. I love it. And let me just say, I don't know how women who don't have Jesus get through this. All glory to God, and God alone... I am still sane. Anything good in me is actually none of me, and everything of Him.

I can't say it enough, THANK YOU for your prayers. I am so grateful. I am still praying for a pregnancy by December, and for multiples, but God has also made it very clear to me that that will happen if it's what's best for me, and it won't if that's not the case. And.... by the grace of God, I'm okay with that. :)

'Till Friday! AND! HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Give thanks for something unusual this holiday.

Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment